CURRENTLY NOT TAKING PLACEMENTS OR WORK EXPERIENCE STUDENTS DUE TO COVID-19
As we are only a small business we have limited places available for students only taking 1 student per week from Year 10, 11 or 12, or TAFE/University students who are already enrolled in a Veterinary Nursing course. We only offer a maximum of 2 weeks per student as we are no longer offering ongoing placement periods.
We only accept students from the local high schools and/or who are clients of our practice.
To be considered for work experience placement, please follow the protocol below:
- All students should contact their work experience/placement co-ordinator to advise them that they wish to apply for work experience at our clinic and to find out their relevant dates. Do this early as places are limited and fill up very quickly
- All applications MUST be in writing in the form of either a letter or email detailing:
~ Why you wish to do work experience in a small animal veterinary clinic
~ What dates you wish to do your work experience
~ What school you are attending and your year you are currently in
~ Your possible career ambitions
~ Any previous experience that has influenced your choice in working here
~ Contact details of your work experience co-ordinator
~ Contact details for yourself during after school hours
This can also be done by filling in our Work expereince application form. Please contact the clinic for this form.
- Your application can be given either in person, posted or emailed to the clinic and please make it attention to Kim Briggs.
- Post/In person: 18 Alexandra Street, Melton Vic 3337
- Alternatively you can contact reception for a Work Experience Form. Please return this form completed at your earliest convenience.
Students will be selected from their letters and asked to attend an interview and 1-2 hour trial period at 10am Tuesday to Friday prior to being approved for placement. Students are encouraged to treat this interview and trial like a job application.
We naturally prefer to give our placements to students who are enthusiastic and genuinely interested in following either a veterinary nurse or practitioner career path.
Good luck in your application and best wishes for your future!